Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cooked to perfection

That is not exactly my goal. There's always room for improvement. Bedrock recipes are easy to start with though. And let that be what I've been doing for the last couple of months. On so many occasions, I had to go through all of my cookbooks and recipes to find that one special recipe I was looking for. There are numerous of handwritten recipes and I even have a recipe book software program on my notebook. But still, that was not how I wanted to keep my recipes handy. That's when I had this Aha-erlebnis.. In comparison with this blog, I decided to keep a cooking blog as well. What a great way to collect all of my favorite recipes in one place! Every day, I post a family recipe and our oldest daughter does a good job at making pictures of the outcome. I hear that many readers are happy with the concept and they like to try out my recipes. My inspiration is so never ending! I'm thrilled about this project and it keeps me cooking and baking. I know some people will comment the ingredients I use. I want to state that my cooking blog is not a diabetes cooking blog. I'm not convinced that diabetics should stick to a sugar free diet but I do agree they shouldn't overdo it either (neither should non-diabetics). So some recipes are an overload of sugar and fat, but those are recipes for special occasions. We don't need treats on a daily basis. I sometimes make dessert for the people around me, not having any myself. That doesn't bother me at all. All I want to do is cook and bake and make others enjoy my hobby.

So if you are interested in recipes and cooking/baking, feel free to follow my cooking blog. I'll be happy to have you prepare some of my ideas.

No comments: