Thursday, April 12, 2012

There's a first time for everything

I still can't believe I agreed to do this...
I believe I'm the most unsportsmanlike person on this planet. Really... I hate sports. It doesn't do anything for me. No adrenalin rush, no good feeling afterwards, no weight loss, no better condition whatsoever. Did I mention the boredom sports brings me? How boring can it be? I can't keep my jaws from yawning while working out. Well, that is.. some decades ago I signed up to go to the gym. I even went 3 times a week and every single time I had to drag myself to go. I hated it from day one, every single minute. Not one person has been able to convince me of the contrary. I just don't get it. It's not my cup of tea.

My friend has a new hobby. They call it geocaching. Let me guess? You have never heard of it? That's exactly what I thought. I'll give you a short briefing. Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices. After the hunt, they share their experiences online. I assume you understand where I'm headed to? Exactly.. my friend has made me enthusiastic for this "hobby" (I refuse to call it sports, since I do not want to dislike it beforehand), by sharing his adventures. I do admit: it sounds appealing. He is as much a sportsman as I am (read: so not in to sports), but he loves this game. So yes, this Sunday, we're going to hunt for our first treasure. I really can't believe I'm going to wear hiking boots (where on Earth will I get those?? I'm so not buying hiking boots!) and a backpack on my raincoat. Cheese and rice... Really.. But nevertheless - I should use a smaller font now - I'm looking forward to the game (no, I'm not going to call it a walk - sports, remember?). There's a first time for everything. I'll get back to you. With or without the treasure..

No comments: