Friday, June 29, 2012

That is music to my ears

I went completely nuts! My computer refused the password I typed to open my account. I tried several times more, but it kept ignoring my attempts. Aarrgghhhh! I truly suck when it comes to being patient with computers. They only do what you tell them to do. They do not have a mind of their own as I may think. So calm down, take a deep breath and try to figure out why it's not accepting my password.. My daughter asked if I had spilled something on the keyboard. No??? Hubby opted the possibility that one of the letters wasn't working properly. As if.. But I typed the password letter by letter and honestly: the E and the D didn't appear on the screen. I tried the rest of the buttons and the 3 was a no-no as well. One would think the next in line - the C - wouldn't work either, but nothing was wrong with that key. Hmhm.. that was tricky. I was lucky to have the iPad within reach so I tried to look up the problem and the possible solution. I read I might need a new keyboard. Some stupid cost of 70 euros.. pfff... Darn. And how long would it take to have that fixed??? I need my laptop! I know it's getting older and I know its best years were some time ago. New laptops cost money though. My cell phone needs to be replaced as well and hubby needs a new car and the kids want to go to Bali.. Aaarrrgghhh... money money money. It's always about money.

A friend read about my frustration on a social network site. He asked me to calm down and see what the problem was. Sorry, but I'm a total nitwit when it comes to computers in general. And as I have stated before: I have no patience at all. He asked me to get my installation CD's and see if they could solve the problem. I was a bit too fast and kept clicking MOVE ON because I wanted the problem to be solved ASAP. That was not the plan. He was giving me guidelines and I was supposed to hear him out. So we started again. The girls were giving me this look like as they wanted to say: mom, that keyboard is so old, it just needs to be trashed.. But hey!!! why not give those CD's a chance to see what they could come up with?

It took a while and I needed to install that second CD twice, but hey! Guess what!!! My three failing keys are working again!!! How about that? I didn't need to panic at all. I didn't need a new keyboard. This notebook will last some more months before it finally decides to quit for good. I hope it will give me the time to look out for a decent replacement. Now let's get some updates and install the programs I'm still missing. I'm happy I'm no longer cut off from the rest of the world.

5 comments:

Jangeox said...

De C-knop zou niet wegvallen, wel de X-knop. De vierde van de rij, dat is computerlogica :-)
Maar goed dat het is opgelost.

Upje schrijft said...

Misschien al beginnen backuppen tegen dat hij definitief de geest geeft? (Ik zeg ook al weken dat ik dat ga doen ... )

Bittersweet said...

het WAS opgelost.... hetzelfde probleem stelt zich weer..; ppffff

Upje schrijft said...

Nog ne keer het cd'ke erin? :D
Nee, da's niet om te lachen .....

Bittersweet said...

Jajaja... Nieuwe laptop is besteld en wordt dinsdag geleverd :D