Sunday, September 16, 2012

If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do it well

That's what I keep telling myself.. So many people have asked me to give cooking workshops, but up until now, I wasn't too sure about it. After all, I haven't had any professional schooling. I know how to teach and how to speak in front of a crowd, but this is different though. I have prepared myself and I'm ready for this day. It will be my baptism of fire and it could also be the start of a new professional life. I am getting a little nervous now, because I have no clue how many people will attend the workshop. Will there be many children or will it be adults only? What if they don't like the ingredients? I won't worry too much about it. It's not in my nature to worry about things I can't control. I just hope the organizers will bring all of the ingredients... That is my only concern. Let's get moving! There's not going to be a lot of cooking going on, because there's no stove or oven available. I had to come up with no cooking/low carb recipes, since the theme of the day is diabetes and healthy cooking.. This is what we are going to prepare this afternoon:

  • Deviled eggs
  • Smoked salmon and cream cheese wraps
  • Tabouleh with cucumber and pomegranate seeds
  • Melon, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and cucumber skewers
  • Fennel almond gazpacho
  • Vietnamese springrolls
  • Tomato and feta bruschetta
  • Broccoli pesto and crudités

Wish me luck!


No comments: