Monday, May 27, 2013

I have this crazy idea

My husband says I'm not normal. To a certain extend, I can't blame him for saying so. It's probably not very common to start cooking as soon as you read a recipe. He's always amazed at how I can start to cook just out of the blue, no matter what time of day it is. It's not about the eating, it's all about the cooking or baking. If I get hold of a cookbook full of pictures, it just makes my mouth water and my fingers itch to get at it. So I think about my supplies and an instant smile appears on my face if I'm sure I have all the products in my pantry. Whether I want to cook mushroom soup with three kinds of mushrooms or bake bread rolls or a moist rhubarb pie: I can do it. In the meantime, I prepare my oatmeal and fruit breakfast for the next day or I beat batter to make pancakes for tea. Sometimes the bowl of my Kenwood has to be taken out of the dishwasher to serve for the next recipe. Am I crazy? Obsessed? Totally insane? Probably. But I love it. I love the chaos and the activity around the kitchen. TV doesn't do anything for me. Except if the Food Channel is on. Maybe I should have a TV in my kitchen, so I can watch new recipes while I'm cooking and indulge all that new cookspiration.. Can't wait to do some more grocery shopping. I'm mentally preparing myself to the menu of the week and I'm getting all hyper over it. Now let me be, okay? I have to stir that sauce and check the oven, for the house is smelling of home made bread..

No comments: