Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Life, O-Live

I was sitting on the couch, my notebook in my lap, typing some new recipes for my cookbook.
You were in the kitchen. I could hear you break eggs in a bowl, shoveling with pans on the cooker. The chopping sound of the knife while you were cutting up some fruit for a fresh fruit salad. The radio was on and I heard you sing along with Life, o life..

Instantly a smile occurred on my face. I assume you must have been 3 or 4 years old when this song by Desree was a hit. You thought Desree must have craved "olives" for making a song about it... We have laughed about this for many many years and every time we hear the song, we don't need words. Just looking at each other is enough to bring back the memories..

Memories are important in life. It's the memories that bring us back in the past. They make us relive the happy moments. Children grow up fast. Very fast. The memories may fade, but they won't go away, for we keep them alive. Or was it O-Live?

No comments: