Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Apple a day keeps the doctor away

We haven't been very lucky with our computers. They always seem to fail on us. Our first computer has been repaired so many times, the shop has had it longer than we have had the chance to work on it. Same for the notebook. You think a more expensive notebook will do a better job, but again, troubles from the very beginning.

Life wouldn't be the same without computers. How did we even manage without? I remember visiting my American host family about 7 years ago. The boys were amazed that we didn't have a home computer. How could we live without the Internet???? I had no idea what he was talking about. We had no computer and no way we were going to get one. Just imagine, that huge ugly thing in the den. Yikes!

But then I took computer classes and it will not surprise you that very soon our first computer entered our home. And it wasn't hubby or the kids that asked for it. I was hooked from day one!

It's an addiction, I admit it. Once you are used to having a computer around, you need it to google, to check your bank account, to visit websites, to make holiday reservations, to chat with your friends..

Last week, the notebook crashed.. again. It says the video card needs to be replaced. But I'm pretty sure the cooler needs replacement as well. The poor portable gets overheated while sitting in our lap. It's gone back to the shop.. again. So we're back to the desk top, that's not used to us working on it any more. It also needs a new video card. I hope it will keep doing what it's supposed to do, until our new notebook arrives.

My friends keep telling me I should buy an Apple. No troubles with Apple! Sounds like a good deal to me! So an Apple it will be. A white one, to be exact. And I'm so looking forward to it! Let's keep our fingers crossed, that this one will perform as promised!

No comments: