Friday, December 11, 2009

Let it snow

People want snow for Christmas. It makes the holidays cosier. Sitting by the fire place, watching snow flakes come down and turn the streets into one white snow carpet, is my idea of having the perfect Christmas happening. Having your loved ones nearby and enjoying each other's company.
It's a little early to celebrate Christmas, but I hear any occasion is good enough to have friends over to enjoy a nice meal together.
This Sunday, we're having our good friends over for lunch. I'm totally looking forward to it! It took me a while to figure out what we were going to have, but I think I have finally made a choice. Just to make it a little more exciting, I'm going to let my guests read the menu and decide what they would like to have as an appetizer and as the main course. I'm curious to know which they'll prefer.
Are you anxious to know what we're gonna have? Okay okay, I'll tell you:

Appetizer:

Home made blini with smoked salmon, a dollop of sour cream, red salmon roe and a sprig of dill, on a bed of cress, accompanied by a glass of Cava or Cassis with pomegranate seeds

or

Raisin bread toast with foie gras, on a bed of watercress, home made onion confit on fresh figs, accompanied by a glass of red Port or a glass of sweet Monbazillac

Creamy soup of Belgian endives

Main course:

Grilled beef tenderloin with gorgonzola or pepper sauce, a jacket potato with garnishment and a winter vegetable casserole

or

Home made tagliatelli with scallops, shrimp, leeks and diced carrots in a creamy chive sauce, topped with samphire

(home made personalized bread rolls)

Dessert:

Home made Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice Cream, home made brownies and chocolate mousse, strawberry topping

Coffee/Cappucino/Latte Macchiato


Do you think our guests will have a good time? I know I will! Can't wait to dress the table and pick out the wine. Two more nights to go before they're here! I'll turn on the Christmas lights.


No comments: