Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nearly Fat Free French Fries

It's there! I got it! It's sitting on the counter, looking at me as if it wants to say: turn me on!!!! So I will.
My Christmas present was a Nearly Fat Free French Frie maker, called ActiFry and produced by SEB. It's quite an invention and I have waited for this one for more than over one year. But it's finally here and I'm sure I'll use it quite often. Imagine you can have French Fries that are very tasty, but not fat? Does that sound wonderful or what? To make one kilogram of fresh Fries, you need only 1 tablespoon - ONE tablespoon - of oil. The fries come out nice, golden, crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Just the way I like them. Goodbye guilt! I can have fries now, without the guilt of craving all those calories. Using this appliance, your French Fries will contain no more than 3% fat per kilogram fries!
It is an expensive appliance and although the booklet says you can cook 40 different recipes in the ActiFry, I believe it will only be used to make French Fries or potato wedges. It takes 40 min to bake one batch of a kilo. But that's about the same time it would take you to go out for French Fries or to heat the oil of your regular deep fryer. And you don't even have to watch it. It comes with a timer and a translucent lid, so there's no need to worry about the oil boiling over, since there only is one pathetic little tablespoon in it.
Need I say more?


No comments: