Monday, August 9, 2010

Life is too short

to stress yourself with people who don't even deserve to be an issue in your life.

I used to be friendly to whomever I met. That was not always a good thing. Being naive in friendships can be dangerous. For that reason, I have deleted some people from my life. I don't want to hang out with negative people. People who don't want you to be happy. People who thrive when you are not feeling well. People who take advantage of your goodness and only want to know you when they need something from you. It took me some time to realize, that you don't have to be nice to everyone. Because the world isn't always a friendly place and neither are its citizens.

A friend gave me an amulet. It says: friends are the family you get to choose. I believe that is a very good saying. Because after all, we don't get to choose what family we are born in, do we? But we do have the choice to pick our own friends and yes, some friends become our new family. That's just how life goes.

I always told myself I was not going to grow older than 50. That would mean I have 11 more years to go. I think I'll reconsider that thought.. although it was not that bad a thought to begin with. If you truly believe you will die at the age of 50, you will live your life to the fullest. You'll make sure you will not regret your stay on this Earth, even if it's a short stay. But then, every year you live longer, is a gift. It's always going to be a bonus, something extra. I liked that thought! So yes, life is too short if you think you are going to die somewhere soon. But you can broaden your horizon and use your energy to do the things you like to do the most. Hang out with the people you truly care about. And enjoy every minute of our short stay on our planet..

No comments: