Saturday, August 7, 2010

Like a kid in a sweet shop

I love cookery shops!!! They sell great stuff and I'm always on the look out for new kitchen appliances.
Last year, we bought an authentic tagine in Morocco. It looked decorative on the windowsill in our living area. But it was also great for cooking the most wonderful dishes. The last time I used it, was to prepare a delightful chicken - peach dish with cinnamon, ginger, coriander and a pinch of saffron. Unfortunately the heat of my gas stove cracked the bottom of the tagine. There was a small crack in it, when we bought it. I never thought I would use it that often.

So I'm trying to spot a new tagine. I hear Ikea sells them with a non-stick coating. I'm not too sure that's what I want, because it appears kinda fake to me. Emile Henry has great tagines in his collection as well. There are two cookery shops in Bruges I like to visit as well, and I've seen their tagines before. They were just so expensive..
Maybe I just need to wait for another foreign trip to get myself a new one.. My cracked one is still sitting in the windowsill, surrounded by some smaller versions..

No comments: