Friday, February 25, 2011

The C-word..

I was shocked when I heard your ringtone at 7:30 PM. This is not your hour to call me and I immediately knew something had happened. You confirmed that thought... Your mom is in the hospital. The doctor called you with bad news.. Indeed.. the C-word. I find it too heard to pronounce the complete word in your presence. Because the news is devastating. This ugly disease has spread its tentacles inside your mother's body. This is so unexpected. Okay, she wasn't feeling well and the grief over the death of your father has left its traces for sure. Your mom is so strong and realistic and a proud woman. She's been through quite a lot in the last decade, but she kept going and didn't complain.

I don't know what to say to you.. It's too much. I would want to comfort you and tell you everything's going to be okay. But it's not.. How could it be okay? You may be losing your mom in the near future. That is not okay at all. It's too soon after losing your dad. I wish it were different, but there's not much we can do, is there?

Let's hope your mom will find peace and pain relief. She knows you love her to pieces. She knows what you have done for her over the years. Hold her.. she'll need you..

No comments: