Sunday, September 2, 2012

Let go

Being in control is natural to me. It's what I do and who I am. I like to pull the strings and do things my way. It's not that I don't trust others or don't value their opinion. I guess it's just some thing that has grown over the years. It probably goes back to my youth, where I had fewer strings to hold but an overwhelming desire to do whatever I wanted to do.

Letting go of that control once you have accomplished things, is very difficult. It doesn't mean you have failed or you are not doing well. Maybe it's just time to delegate and let others help out. I'm sure it won't be a bad thing - on the contrary. It will benefit us all. It's scary and exciting at the same time. I have no idea how my body will respond to these changes, but I'm anxious to find out. There's a way back though. I need to give it a chance, but if things are not working out, there's always the chance to take back the control. So I don't have to be nervous. I can calm down the cramping in my intestines. Let's get it over with and get going. That way I will realize it's not the end of the world..

No comments: