Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm going down!

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my surgeon for a first check-up. He was real happy with my results so far and I couldn't but agree with him. I gave him a bottle of excellent wine for the good work he delivered. He changed my life and he's a very good surgeon. I haven't felt this good in such a long time. The scars are healing well and the overall feeling is .. well.. how should I phrase it? Ecstatic? Would that be the right word?

I had my blood work done as well. This morning, my diabetes nurse called me. She was as anxious as I was to see the results. She's a doll! One could have cut the tension with a knife!!! She asked me if I already knew my new HbA1c (the average blood glucose of the past 6 weeks). No! but I was pretty sure she was about to tell me??? And she did! She cheered for me and I yelled HURRAY! My numbers have dropped from 7.7% to 7% and that's a big achievement over such a short period of time. I'm so thrilled! I hope to end up in the 6% area by the next blood work appointment.

I'll keep up the hard work since it is paying off. I'M PROUD OF MYSELF!!! I'm rediscovering the person I used to be.. only a better version.

No comments: