Friday, March 8, 2013

Expect the unexpected

My numbers weren't that bad, but they weren't very good either. With an average of 147 mg/dl over the last 3 months, I expected my A1c to be higher than the last 7.3%. For two years, I had been able to keep my BG lower than 7% and that was prime time for me. It is important to keep that A1c low to prevent complications in the future. So yes, that 7.3% was a bit of a disappointment, although it was still a whole lot better than previous numbers.

This morning I had my bloodwork done at the hospital. I don't mind when nurses poke a needle in my arm to draw blood. Later that day, I got notified by my nurse that I took a wrong guess. My average BG was better than I had expected! I was gobsmacked and didn't believe her at first. But at the same time, it felt good.

I just started working with CGM. I'm curious to know if it will help me improve my numbers. That's why I wanted to have my bloodwork done this week. I'm motivated and driven and ready to kick ass!

Oh! I nearly forgot! My last A1c shows a wonderful 6.9%!

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Woohoo! What a nice surprise!