Thursday, May 2, 2013

If you're a mom and you're the cook in the house, I'm sure you have had this conversation over a zillion times. Every day you cook lunch and dinner and you make dessert and sometimes you run out of inspiration. So you ask your family what they would like to eat for supper. Guess what? Same answers as you get? "I don't know" or "Whatever you make is fine". I hate it when they do that. I put a lot of time in my cooking and if I ask, it's truly because I want them to think and tell me what they like. It doesn't happen that often, maybe once every 2 months or so. But I have a plan.. I will ask them and if they can't come up with an answer, I'll only cook the food I like. Isn't that the best idea? It would make things a whole lot easier for me, because I sure know what I like to eat. It would mean a lot of pasta or dim sum, salads or stir-fries. It would mean almost no meat and more fish and broth based ravioli. They'd better be aware...

I'm ready to bake cookies now. A recipe I have chosen. I don't need their help for desserts, thank you.

No comments: