Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eye see you

I was not even 24 when I gave birth to our first daughter. I was living by myself at the time, when I met a wonderful man. We went out on a date and the next day, he moved in, suitcases and all. Two weeks later, I was pregnant. We were delighted to have this first baby of ours, although we had not known each other that long. But the sparkle in his eyes won my heart. He was the man I wanted to be with and he was going to be the father of my children. 

It wasn't easy being pregnant, in between jobs, and no savings to buy the essentials for the baby. But we did just fine. My in-laws are great people and they welcomed me with open arms. I gave them their first grandchild, the first in a row of 9. 

From the moment I saw my little baby girl, I fell in love with her. She was perfect. Lana had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. She was so tiny, born 3 weeks before D-day, but she was absolutely healthy and gorgeous. She looked at me, when she was being breastfed, and it was like she said: I see you, mommy, I see you. And I couldn't keep my eyes of her..

Note: Lana took this picture of herself with her cell phone

4 comments:

Upje said...

Prachtig ...

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Lana heeft deze foto zelf genomen, met haar gsm. Mooi hè?

Upje said...

Oh, 't is nog een echte foto ook?! Wauw, fantastisch! Het is inderdaad een hele mooie ...

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Het zijn Lana's ogen hè ;-) Ze maakt heel graag zelfportretjes en deze vond ik bijzonder goed geslaagd. Heb hem dan ook als schermafbeelding gezet op mijn gsm.