Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trading food with the States

A couple of weeks ago, I met a wonderful family from Indiana, US, on the Internet. The father's family is originally Dutch. He did change his last name by one letter, to make it more American, but he still has Dutch genes, that he cannot deny. Most of his family members have chosen Dutch spouses over American women, but this handsome man picked out a beautiful American lady. 
We have had a couple of email contacts now and this lady friend of mine, told me her husband just LOVES Gouda cheese from Holland. They even bring it from the island of St-Maarten when they go there on a holiday.
We decided to trade food. I will send them a good portion of delicious Gouda cheese and they will refund me with some real American goodies. My gosh, how do I miss this beautiful country.... The postman is my best friend, since he brings me parcels from all over the world. Buying things online is just absolutely fantastic and exciting :-) It makes the world real small and cultures meet through the Internet
Can't wait to hear what they thought of the cheese! And yes, I admit it, I'm looking forward to my surprise parcel as well!

No comments: