Monday, May 18, 2009

I want a new drug

I have been addicted for nearly 7 years. I took shots for 4 years and my house is full of needles and syringes. And my addiction doesn't cost me much money. I need the addiction in order to be healthy. I used to shoot up about 5 times a day. The needles didn't bother me that much. It was the independence that hit me the most. Couldn't go anywhere without my needles, syringes and drug. I depended on it! My life was at stake!

I traded my syringes for another method. I'm still addicted to my drug, but I no longer need to take shots 5 times a day. Now I hurt myself only once every 3 days. No more syringes, no more needles. 

I want a new drug. Because I'm getting too used to this one. My body is becoming resistant to it. Meaning I need more and more of the same drug to maintain the same effect. And I don't like that. I don't want to depend on some drug to live my life. But it is what it is and there's not much I can do about it. As long as there's no remedy found against diabetes, I will need to give my body the insulin it needs. Because I want to grow old and live a healthy fulfilling life. So don't call me a drug addict. I have diabetes, and that was not my choice..

No comments: