Monday, May 25, 2009

Some like it hot

I love spicy food. Not to the point that your taste buds set on fire, but it may be pretty hot. I really like Moroccan dishes: couscous, spicy merguez (lamb sausages), tahin, zucchini and carrot stews, chickpeas,..

It all started with Tabasco. The red kind, not the green. Green Tabasco is for wussies. Spaghetti Bolognaise requires Tabasco. Period.

A couple of years ago, I got into Japanese food, and wasabi is ever since in my fridge. Raw salmon, dotted with wasabi...hmhm.. It makes your eyes tear and your nose sting. But it's really refreshing and new. You should give it a try. Really.

Whenever I eat Turkish food, I want harissa. A chicken dürüm (a wrap) with veggies, lots of garlic sauce and then some sprinkles of harissa to finish it off. In fact, I could definitely use a dürüm right now, when I think of it. LOLZ.

Chinese soup asks for sambal oelek. Sometimes I make it so spicy, it's hard to eat. But that's the way I like my Chinese soup.

So how do you spice up your food?

No comments: