Monday, June 22, 2009

I lost myself

It's not going too well. My weight is going up again, I need more insulin and I crave carbs again. It's so exhausting to go through another episode of bingeing again. I even long for foods I normally despise or never eat. If only I can eat, I'm fine. But the thing is: I want to eat healthy, I want to eat low carb, I want to loose weight, not gain any more. If only things were that easy, there wouldn't be any overweight people around. Because I'm convinced, people honestly do not choose to be big. Many people grow bigger by the years and don't realise it until it's gone too far.

I don't want to go back there. I want to stick to my healthy and nutritious diet. The crisps look at me from the shop shelves. They cry out: eat me! eat me! and I give in. Pretending I'm buying it for hubby, or the kids. Knowing it will be mine. A late evening snack. When everybody else is asleep. Just me and the crisps..

I hate those periods, I really do. I hope I'll be back on track again somewhere soon. I don't like to loose myself and certainly not to food.

1 comment:

Upje said...

Schattie, ik hoop dat je weet dat je op zo'n momenten ook kunt kiezen om iemand te bellen, of te gaan chatten, of naar een vriendin te stappen voor een babbeltje, of ... . Gewoon om het 'het moment' (dat helaas soms zo lang kan duren :( ) voorbij te laten gaan, tot 'de drang' weer een ietsiepietsie beheersbaar is. Het werkt niet altijd, maar voor elke keer dat je het kunt laten, of zelfs gewoon kunt ínperken, is het toch de moeite geweest.
En weet dat ik dus altijd bereid ben te kwetteren of over en 't weer te mailen of weet ik veel als je nog maar denkt of durft te hópen zelfs dat het iets uithaalt.

En verder ... Love yourself, hunny, en dan gaat het wel weer voorbij. Je bent niet terug bij af. En je hebt de weg al eens afgelegd. Dus je kent hem al, dus zal je hem sneller en gemakkelijker weer kunnen nemen.

Big hug,