Sunday, July 19, 2009

Flanders sings

For the first time, I was invited to anticipate in "Flanders sings". I had no idea what to expect, since I didn't know the concept. But hey, I'm always in for good ideas and great companionship, so what would keep me from going? Hubby had to work the late shift, so the children went to spend a wonderful time with their grandparents. Off to the place to be!

Did some shopping first and I really enjoyed being on myself for a couple of hours. The weather was good and I did some real bargains. Okay, I didn't really need that new pair of shoes, but those high heels were really killing me! And 4 similar sweaters in different bright colors weren't necessary either, but we are going to Germany for a couple of days, and after all, I'm a girl! So I'm supposed to look my best, right? I know for sure we'll do some more shopping in Germany. I cleaned out my closet the other day and 2 bags full of clothes were taken to charity. So now I'm facing a nearly empty dresser and that's way too scary to be left that way!

The festival was superb! It was crowded, but we had good seats on the terrace of a pub. Great company! Lyrics were distributed and the party could start. A cold glass of white wine, some cubes of cheese and good friends in a crazy mood. What else can we long for?

So we sang along. I knew most songs, but forgot most of the lyrics. So it was good to refresh them and see young and old, men and women, children and elderly people sit side by side and sing together. We had a great time and I'm glad I got the invitation :-)




No comments: