Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You cannot judge a book from its cover

Don't we all judge people from their outer appearance? Don't tell me you don't do it. Whenever we meet someone - whether that's someone you run into on the streets or a personal encounter - we see their appearance before we can see the person's personality. Nothing's wrong with that. As long as we take our time to really get to know someone.

I must admit, I have judged people by their appearance before. Sometimes, my instinct was right, but on other occasions, I had to make serious reconsideration. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and if they open up to me, I'm very willing to get to know them. It becomes difficult though, if people are very introvert and don't let you break open the cocoon they are hiding in.

Some people are very beautiful on the outside, and once you get to know them, you learn about their not so pretty inside. Nobody tells you to keep seeing those people though. You have the choice. Sometimes you don't get to know people until many years later. That's what makes it painful to stop a relationship. But I have learned that it's better to follow your gut feeling. And if that feeling says that person is not the person you thought it were, and you find it hard to keep the relationship going, take your time to make up your mind. Maybe it only needs a good conversation to solve the problem. On the other hand, it might also mean the end of the bond. There's no use crying over it. It's not per definition a negative experience. It might teach you good lessons in life..


No comments: