Thursday, August 27, 2009

Potbellied men

Men with a little belly can be adorable and charming. Men with potbellies are not. Especially not, if they think the potbelly is something to be proud of. Men that pull up their shirt to show their potbelly to anyone who wants to admire it, are a big no-no. It's just not done. I'm sure you can picture the potbelly man, sitting on a stool, pulling up his shirt and clapping on his belly, being absolutely proud of the belly he's created!

Did you know that men and their potbellies are socially more accepted than woman with a belly? Women must have flat bellies. If not, they are considered fat and lazy and unattractive. How come many women don't bother if their men have potbellies? And even worse: how come men with potbellies feel they can ask of their wives to be slim and have flat tummies? I see them in the streets: the potbellied men with the slim and attractive women by their side...

I'm glad my husband is slim and I'm glad he doesn't have a potbelly at all. He has some love handles, but I find those rather amusing and cute and charming than disturbing. They come with the years and it makes him more huggable. I'm pretty sure he will disagree and say that the love handles bother him. But I like them. I wouldn't like him to have a potbelly though. Just imagine, his pants being pulled over his belly. Ugh..

No comments: