Saturday, September 26, 2009

So you think you can dance?

I have told you before: I suck as a dancer, but I love to watch others dance. At least, if they CAN dance. That's why I'm a big fan of SYTYCD. It's on Belgian television now and I don't miss a single episode. The jury is always decent to the dancers and they treat them with respect, even if they suck big time. My favorite members of the jury are Dan Karaty and Euvgenia Parakhina. I love their view on the dancers and the comments they make are interesting and motivating. They know what they are talking about.

The other week some youngsters have tried their best, but they were too young. There were these two bosom friends of 8 and 10. They were absolutely fab! Too bad they were too young, but I'm sure we'll run into them in some other show in the future. The belly dancers didn't do too well. Belly dancing is very nice to watch, but it's too specific for this show.

This week, the 75 yo Leon was the star of the show, ... sort of. He was funny and entertaining, but not good enough for SYTYCD. On the other hand, Valentino was too young to go to bootcamp but oh my gosh...that kid could dance!!

Many tickets have been distributed for Bootcamp. Can't wait to see the next show!


No comments: