Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Music was my first love

I started playing the flute at the age of 7. I took classes twice a week, but I didn't own my own flute till I was 21. It's been a while since I last played and to be honest, we have 3 flutes in the house (both my children wanted to play the flute too, but only one is still playing), but I have no idea where mine is.. The school of our girls asked us to borrow one of our flutes to use it in the classroom. So that's what we did. And than the music school asked to borrow one flute for a student who couldn't afford one. So we did that too. A music instrument is meant to be used. We wouldn't want it to die, right?
I'm glad my eldest daughter is still playing. She'd rather play electric guitar, she claims, but since she's never played one before, we have no idea. Instruments cost a lot of money, but I'm glad she's playing the flute. And she's pretty good at it too!
Music was my first love, and it won't be my last. What's your first love?


No comments: