Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Together

Snowflakes are so fragile if seen apart, but see how strong they are if packed together? That's what friendship does. You can feel lonely all by yourself, but then you remember how many friends you have.. and how special they make you feel. They think of you, they call you, come by or send you an email. The text messages are numerous and some are really special! Can you imagine my surprise when I got this text message from my very dear friend:

I don't want to scare you, but I just had a check-up at the hospital. I appear to have kidney stones, sand grains in my stomach, blood clots,... but worst of all.. they found you in my heart and they can't get it out.

I'm so lucky to have so many good friends. I wouldn't know what to do without them. I know I would feel terribly lost. Family is important, but having a true, warm, understanding group of friends is as important, if not even more..



No comments: