Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What's going on?

This morning around 5:30 AM, I was still asleep when all of a sudden I heard this banging on the front door, followed by the sound of the doorbell ringing. What the heck is.. I hopped out of bed (if you can call it hopping - you should've seen it) and rushed down the stairs. I thought it were the police, coming to tell me that Hubby had been in an accident. He had left for work already. But it was not the police.. It was Hubby himself. He had walked down to his garage to get the car, but then realized that he had forgot his car keys. So he walked back and tried to wake me, so he could get his keys. That's what he did and he left again.

My heart was still pounding and I sat down on the couch for a while. I was ready to go back to bed, when this terrible pain hit me in the back. Ouch! I could barely move. It was there, in a jiffy, without any notice. I stumbled up the stairs and tried to lay down again. But I couldn't. The pain was too fierce and I couldn't lay down or sit up or do anything. I cried in pain and crawled down the stairs again. I reached for my cell phone and called Hubby to see if he could come back home and take me to the ER. The pain was horrific and I couldn't stand it.

Second time in the ER in 2 months. They still remembered me. I don't know if that's a good sign..? MacDreamy asked for a full body scan, to see what the problem was. They called it bulging - a hernia - of the L4-L5 vertebra. Great.. just what I needed.. grumble.. I have had facet arthrosis since I was 24. Same vertebras..

I need to rest. Not go to work. Take it easy. Maybe it will heal. Maybe it won't. I have arranged an appointment with a physiotherapist this Monday. I hope she'll be able to tell me more..


2 comments:

Upje said...

Maandag pas?! Da's bijna een week verder!

Veel beterschap in elk geval ...

x

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

dat was de eerste vrije afspraak. Ondertussen heb ik wel een week ziekteverlof + pijnstillers + voorschrift platte rust. En zoals ik al zei: als ik van die platte rust platter wordt, dan wil ik gerust 6 maanden platte rust..