Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ever heard of..?

I'm always roaming the Internet for new recipes. Every once in a while I bump into the weirdest names of dishes. How about Pigs in blankets? Or Devils on horseback? It made me smile and of course, it drew my attention. Pigs in blankets are just sausages wrapped in bacon, but the name makes it a whole lot more interesting, doesn't it? If you stuff pitted prunes with mango chutney before you wrap them in bacon, you have made Devils on horseback. How about that?
Stuffing hard boiled eggs with a mayonnaise based filling, is called Devilled eggs. You serve them as an hors d'oeuvre (I love the way English speaking people pronounce that word - lol). Just plain food - with a fancy name.
Please let me know your favorite special named dish. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!


No comments: