Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Color Purple

It's still one of my favorite movies ever.. I have no idea how many times I have watched this masterpiece, but it still moves me. I'm not a Whoopie Goldberg fan and her comic roles certainly don't appeal to me. But the way she became Miss Celie, was extraordinary. It was real, it was touching, it was not acted. Oprah Winfrey as Miss Sophia was shining as well. The hurt that was seen in her eyes, was real hurt. It was the pain she had felt from within and it all came out in her role as Harpo's wife.
Let the songs sung by Shug Avery drift you off and get ready for this old time's favorite.

If the nights are cold and you have nothing else to do, rent The Color Purple. It will take you back in time. Make sure to keep the kleenex nearby.


No comments: