Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I am getting my credits in heaven

Now that was a delightful dish I made! I'm crazy about fresh pasta and I love to make my own. A couple of years ago, I bought a pasta maker and now that I also have a pasta drying rack, things go real smooth. You could say making pasta works therapeutically, but that goes for eating it as well!

I checked my fridge and pantry to see what I could use to make a nice pasta sauce and this is what I came up with:

1 tablespoon of butter
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of thyme
5 roasted red peppers, drained and cut up into small chunks
salt and pepper to taste

pine nuts, toasted
parmesan, freshly grated

To make the pasta, I combined 2 cups of semolina pasta flour (00) with 3 eggs and a little bit of oil. Keep the dough in the fridge in a ziploc bag, until ready to be used.
You can make the sauce while the pasta is resting in the fridge.

Make linguine out of the pasta dough. This recipe is enough for 2. Cook the pasta in salty water and drain. Mix with the reheated sauce. Sprinkle with pine nuts and put the parmesan on the table, so you can add as much as you want!

If you think this is too vegetarian for you, you could consider adding some strips of ham or a can of (drained water based) tuna. Enjoy!


No comments: