Friday, February 12, 2010

It's really not okay

I had not eaten all day. I got up in the morning with high blood glucose (probably the result of a nightly low), meaning I needed an insulin correction to bring those numbers down. I know my body well enough. High morning numbers mean that I will not have the best day. I skipped breakfast because otherwise I would have needed even more insulin to cover those carbs. Around lunch, my numbers were still high, even higher than in the morning.. hmhmhm... I skipped lunch as well. Stupid, I know, but using 130 units of insulin on a daily basis is just too much for me, and I'm not prepared to add any more. I wasn't hungry any way, because that's what high numbers do to me. It's not smart to skip meals, I know, don't you Dr Phil me. I know. And I don't do it very often..

My numbers got a little better around dinner time. Coming back from working out, my BG was 83! Great!! Dinner time! I grilled a nice chunk of freshly marinated tuna, one of my favorites. I needed something out of my car, and by the time I got back, both whippets had indulged my dinner.. grumble... Now that is really not okay!!! I had been looking forward to this dinner all day. I was lucky to have home made spring rolls in my freezer, although that was not the plan for today..


No comments: