Thursday, March 11, 2010

Believe in life

Life's good. Really. There are ups and downs, and sometimes disappointments, but nevertheless, it's good to be alive. Waking up in the morning, holding my puppy in my arms and seeing her bright eyes sparkle, gives me the energy to hop out of bed (forget it, I don't hop out of my bed - it's more like crawling) and get going. I see the first sun beams, letting me know Spring is on its way to brighten our life. I need the sun badly. Days have been too short and too dark for way too long. Spring is my most favorite season, when the heads of the daffodils start showing their colors. People react differently when the sun's out. They appear to be more joyful and pleasant. I'm one of them. I will be glad to leave Winter behind and head towards warmer weather.

There is no life without death. Unfortunately you may think, but that's the way it is. We cannot be born without having to die. It's the circle of life. Death is still a subject many people try to ignore or not think about. But it is as much part of life as birth. Death doesn't necessarily have to be a sad event. To some, it means the start of a new life in a different environment. I think we live multiple lives at the same time. Is there another life after we die? I don't know. I don't need to know, because I live now. This is the life that matters to me. It's the only life we are certain to live. So why not make the most of it?


No comments: