Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm absolutely over the moon

This Friday, all four of us are invited to go see the Flemish version of the Notre Dame de Paris. It won't be a surprise to any of you, that our good friends are the people who invited us. So there will be a bunch of us and I'm convinced we'll have a great time!

The Notre Dame de Paris is a French-Canadian musical which debuted in Paris in 1998. It's based upon the novel Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo. The musical has played in so many different countries by now and has been performed in English as well as in Spanish and Italian. This time, we'll see the Flemish version. I adore the French songs, although I'm not a French song-lover. But the original lyrics are still the best. Garou and Hélène Segara were two of the rising stars in the French version. For the Flemish version, they have chosen Gene Thomas to be the Hunchback and Sandrine as Esmeralda. I have no idea what to expect and of course, with the French version in mind, we will compare both versions. It'll be exciting though! I'm looking forward to it!


No comments: