Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mary Poppins

It's almost time to start packing. We're leaving in a couple of days to Scheveningen, Holland, to go see the Mary Poppins musical. Is that supercalifrigilisticexpialidocious or what? I have watched the Mary Poppins movie a zillion times. Being an au pair in Portland, Oregon, the little girl I had to look after, just loved Mary Poppins. If it were up to her, she would watch the movie every day. Many lines I still know by heart and the 3 yo taught me to say the magic word. What a pain that was! If you want to break your tongue, just try to say it!

Julie Andrews is a wonderful person and she's done so many different characters. I remember our own children, when they were watching the Sound of Music for the first time. They thought Maria sounded so much like Mary Poppins!!! Isn't that great? They did recognize her voice in other plays as well. It took them a while to find out why they sounded that much alike..

I'm really looking forward to our outing. Spending time with good friends is important. It makes your life so much richer. We should celebrate our 7 years together this year. That's pretty awesome, isn't it? I have a feeling we'll do some shopping as well. And I have a present to drop off at a special person's doorstep. Someone in Scheveningen craves my homemade chocolate spread!


No comments: