Sunday, May 16, 2010

All buttoned up

Last night, we were invited to the Confirmation of my friend's oldest daughter. She's growing tall and I no longer consider her a child. She looked very pretty in her festive outfit. As well as Baptism, Confirmation is one of the Catholic Sacraments. In Belgium, people are divided whether they should have their children confirmed or not. Ours aren't, but many parents still choose Confirmation for their children. It's a choice in life and nowadays, people are allowed to make this choice. It hasn't always been like that. In our days, I didn't know of anyone who wasn't confirmed. By no means was I interested in church, and being confirmed was not of my concern. But that's the way it was back then: we didn't have a choice or a saying of our own.

We had dinner together at my friend's house and we had a great time. Her daughter is very good at playing keyboard and she did very well entertaining the guests. She's an intelligent girl, getting ready for High School. I like to hang out with her.
We are always welcome at my friend's house. There's always food and drinks awaiting us. This time wasn't any different. Thanks for having us. We enjoyed the invitation.

No comments: