Thursday, June 24, 2010

How can you mend a broken heart?

In the week I was born, the number 1 song in the US hit charts, was "How can you mend a broken heart", by the Bee Gees. I didn't recall the song, so I looked it up. I must say: I kinda like it! It is fun to go back to your birth year and find out what was important or new in those days. Another popular 1971 song was "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin. Mariah Carey, Winonah Rider and Lance Armstrong were born in that same year. The first microprocessor was big news and the pocket calculator a true gadget, although still very expensive.
Richard Nixon was the American president at the time and King Baldwin the King of our country.

I remember writing down similar things for our children, the year they were born. Things like, how much a loaf of bread cost, the number one hit of their date of birth. It is funny to see how fast life evolves and how technology keeps amazing us.

No comments: