Friday, July 23, 2010

California Dreamin'

This summer, we haven't planned any overseas trips. The kids aren't happy, because they love to go abroad and especially to a sunny place where we can relax and have a good time. It was too tricky to leave the country this soon after the operation. You never know.. I wouldn't feel safe, being away that far from the hospital and the surgeon who operated me.

Maybe we'll go away in the fall. We've done that before. Egypt had the perfect climate late October and Portland, Oregon was great too! I have no clue where this year will lead us. There are plenty of countries to discover and the girls have a mind of their own. I'm sure we'll come up with a destination we will all like. By then, the wounds will have healed well and I'll be strong enough to be travelling and walking around.

California sounds very exciting and I'm tempted, but I know that will just not happen. It's way too expensive to fly the four of us over there. And anyway, we only have 1 week in the fall, so that's not an option. Keep on dreaming..

No comments: