Sunday, July 25, 2010

I was blown away

This Saturday as well as this Sunday, 80 hot air balloons were airborne in Eeklo, the town next to ours. Some pretty special balloons entered the event this year. They came from many different countries. It was a nice scenery, to see them all pass by.

Our oldest daughter and her friends were there. It was a night out for them. I'm happy for her she could attend the event. It is great fun after all. Let's hope all went well and no balloon got in trouble.

It was a dream of mine to go ballooning one day. And that's exactly what I did, after my family gave me a voucher for my birthday. My oldest daughter saved up her pocket money to accompany me and we had a great time. It was awesome to be that high in the sky and watch the followers on the ground. They looked like ants from where we were! We had a very pleasant flight and the landing was terrific. It's been a couple of years now, but I still remember it real well. It was pretty special and I'm glad my daughter joined me.

No comments: