Sunday, August 22, 2010

Creepy..

In the early morning hours - around 4:45 AM - I heard a clattering noise in the kitchen. Without turning on any lights, I went to see what was going on. A flowerpot had fallen down from one of the top shelves in my kitchen cabinet above the sink. That was strange, because things do not fall down just like that, do they? It could not have been the cat, because there's no way he can climb on that top shelf. And then I heard this weird noise, coming out of one of the kitchen cabinets. Now that was creepy! Trust me! So I turned on the light. I didn't see anything unusual, besides the flower pot that had fallen down, but I could still hear the creepy noise, coming out of that cabinet. I carefully opened the door, to see nothing but coffee mugs and dinner plates.. The sound was louder when I opened that door. It was like something was hiding between the wall and the cabinet. I went to get Hubby, because I knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him later. He heard the same noise and he opened the next cabinet as well. We both stood there, listening to a sawing and tapping sound coming out of the cabinets. And then all of a sudden, the sound faded..

I told our oldest daughter about the weird sounds in the kitchen, and with eyes the size of saucers, she stared at me and said: that's exactly what I heard when the two of you were in Oberhausen!!!  She had also looked in the cabinets and just like us, the tapping and sawing sound freaked her out.. She didn't tell us because she thought we wouldn't believe her. We still don't know what the sound is, but I can tell you: it's not supposed to be there.. I think I'll check with the neighbors today. Their shed is right next to our kitchen wall. Maybe something is in that shed? Do you think I should call Lisa Williams?

To be continued..

No comments: