Friday, August 20, 2010

It's just a symptom

August 20th. I'm having my 39th birthday today. For many years, I have celebrated my birthday abroad, with Hubby and our friends. That's the way I like it! I like to have a good time on my birthday. In my youth, I haven't had much fun birthdays, and maybe that's why I have always wanted that day to pass quickly. But not any more. For the last 10 something years, I have really celebrated that special day. And why not? After all, it's a great opportunity to celebrate life. The first happy birthday I remember, is the first birthday I celebrated in the States. In Portland, Oregon, to be exact. For the first time, I really had a birthday party just for me! With loads of cards and presents and beloved ones around me! The following year, I celebrated my birthday in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. Another birthday to remember! My American host family threw a wonderful birthday party for me and they invited my at the time boyfriend and my friends who were also working as au pairs. Nothing could go wrong from then on.

I still find it pretty special to celebrate my birthday abroad. Being around people you cherish, in a pleasant place, with nothing but good memories. Yes, I'm a very lucky girl. And I'm having a ball!

No comments: