Monday, August 2, 2010

Once upon a time

Seven years ago, I made a photo album for my father-in-law. It must have been shortly after his father died, that I decided to gather all the old pictures his father left him. It took me a while to figure out who everybody in the pictures was, but my mother-in-law was there to help me out. It was a lot of work to make the album, but I was very proud of it and my father-in-law was touched.. It had pictures of him as a toddler. There were pictures of him growing up as a single child and of the time where he met my mother-in-law. Their wedding pictures are in the album, as well as pictures of all five of their children.

Of course there are pictures of the grandchildren as well. There were eight at the time I made the album. There are nine by now. Each grandchild has its own page in the album with childhood pictures. This weekend, grandpa had to find the album, because the grandchildren wanted to take a look at the pictures (once more). They love strolling through old photos! And we had a great time as well!!! There are wedding pictures of the children and birth pictures of the grandchildren. It is striking how well the grandchildren look after their parents. Really! I'm sure if you would ask one of them who's in the picture, they would think it was them, not their parent. There are so many similarities, it's frightening! I love those memories.. Maybe I should consider making a sequel. The grandchildren have grown and we are ageing as well. We'll see..

No comments: