Saturday, September 11, 2010

Arrangements

Some arrangements need to be made, before I head back to the hospital. I want to make sure the groceries are done and the freezer is packed with home cooked meals. The intention is to stay at the hospital for 2 days, but you never know what happens, so I want to be prepared.

I'm not afraid for this operation. It's routine and plenty of people undergo this kind of surgery. No big deal. The only thing I worry about, is that my scars are going to be cut open again. I know it's better than having 5 new scars, but still. I was happy with the way they were healing. I used special Cica-Care band aids to make the scars less thick and red. The thing I'm not looking forward to, are the stitches. It was okay for one time, but a second time in just two months is a little too much, even for me.

I hope my diabetes regulation won't be disturbed too much from the operation. Things are going real well now. In fact, my average blood glucose (HbA1c) has finally reached a 6 number: 6.9%. Okay, that's almost the same as the 7% I got last month, but it's not a 7! So I'm really happy with that number! It is my lowest A1c ever, by the way!

I'm getting so much support from friends and family. Thank you all. It means a lot to me. It's comforting to know that many people care and that they wish you all the best. I feel blessed..

No comments: