Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cankles and pigtails

I just can't believe I bought this kind of meat. Not for us, but for the whippets. I'm sure they'll love it! Just the sight of it in that wonderful stock, makes my stomach swirl. I can't grasp it, but sometimes people even eat cankles! They make a sort of Dutch stew - hodgepodge - full of cabbage and carrots, celery, onions, turnips and potatoes. And on top, a cankle and a pigtail try to sink in the mass, soaking up as much of the stock as it can hold. Once it's thoroughly cooked, the meat will fall off and the hodgepodge will have all the flavor it can get. I'm sorry, but it's just not me.. But I bought the ugly pieces of meat and I poached them for the dogs. It'll need some time to cool down and then they can dig in. Outside, no discussion about that! They can enjoy themselves in their kennel.. I don't need to witness any of it.

No comments: