Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's gonna bite you!

His hand is all swollen. A huge mosquito stung him. Mosquitos this year are bigger and fatter than other years. It's like a completely different breed. They manage to sting you right through your clothes. We were out in the woods walking the dogs, when this cloud of mosquitos followed us around. I saw them on Rebba first, since her skin tone is pretty pale. Poor dog, I thought, trying to wave the bugs away.
And then Hubby got this terrible mosquito bite on his right hand. It started itching and swelling right away. It worried me, because these are not just regular mosquitos. Maybe they are swamp-like bugs??

I talked him into taking some antihistamines. He did, every 4 hours. But the swelling is still there and it itches like crazy. He finally managed to take his engagement ring of, but that was a real pain. I'm glad he took it off, because I'm sure some doctor would have clipped it off anyway, if the swelling wouldn't come down. It reminds me of the vacation we spent in Corfu, Greece. The place was just packed with this type of bugs. There was a swamp nearby. Normally authorities would spray the area with pesticides, but the budget had already been spent. That's why all tourists had huge bumps all over their bodies. The mosquitos came out around 5 PM. So we were not to come out at night any more, unless we were all covered up in mosquito nets. I remember counting 40 bites on my legs. And those were not the regular little red bumps, trust me. They were like little saucers: hard and big. If the swelling of the bite on Hubby's hand hasn't decreased, he'll have to go see our GP. Without hesitation. I know he's afraid the doctor will give him some sort of cortisone injection to stop the allergy, and he's terrified of needles. So yes, I'll keep an eye on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hou hem goed in het oog, hé.
Valt ie niet in slaap van die medicatie?

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Nee hoor, geen last van. Hopelijk morgen weer wat beter.