Friday, September 10, 2010

When the going get's tough

Last night, I was talking on the phone with my little girl, when all of a sudden, I got this dreadful pain in my stomach. I was gasping for air and saliva dripped out of my mouth in little streams. I gave the cell phone to Hubby, so he could continue the conversation, and I stumbled to the bathroom. I felt like throwing up, but there was nothing there. For dinner, I had had a wonderful salad and that was nearly 2 hours earlier. Man, did I feel awful! Never before had I experienced that kind of pain. It wouldn't go away. I tried to walk around, sit down, lay down on the couch, but nothing took away the pain. Sweat dripped from my body, so I pulled off my clothes to find some relief. Really, I thought this was the end! The pain started to fade away about 20 minutes later. Good grief!

I contacted my diabetes nurse. She thinks I might have gallstones. Sounded real familiar to her. That means I will have to call the hospital today and talk to my surgeon and endocrinologist. If I really have gallstones, it means I'll spend a couple of days in the hospital, to have my gallbladder removed. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Believe me, I do not want to experience that pain again. I'd rather go into labor again, than having that killing pain..

No comments: