Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adding a little flavor to life

Today is going to be another great day! I'm about to pick up my friend to head towards our destination. I'm all stressed, but it's healthy stress. It's rather excitement I guess. I have done some preparation the day before and my cook books and kitchen appliances are in the trunk of the car, so I'm ready!

The place we're driving to, is the house of my mentor. She has a great place and a huge back and front yard, full of vegetables and fresh fruit. Some more people are to be expected, 9 to be exact. We haven't all met, but that's no problem. We'll have plenty of time to mingle.

We are going to stroll around the garden, to find and pick the ingredients for the recipes we're going to prepare. We're going to make so many different things: banana bread (no bananas in the backyard, DUH!), autumn cake packed with nuts and apples (harvested on the spot), vegetable tajine (I heard there are parsnips, carrots, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and maybe pumpkin), Bombay potatoes (grown in their backyard) and chapati (Indian flat bread). Last night I made the best chocolate mousse ever and this morning I woke up early and thought: how about making fresh tomato soup to bring as well?
My fingers are itching! They want to get started!! Off we go!!!

No comments: