Monday, October 18, 2010

Not living up to the expectations

Last week I got really agitated with the customer service of a local store. Our girls bought an iPod each in that store, just the other year. As there was no adapter included in their box, one of them bought one in the same store, only one week later. Now that adapter is no longer functioning, so I took it back to the store, since they gave a 2 year warranty on the product. To my surprise, not one of the 3 sellers was willing to help me out. They said it was no use returning the adapter to be fixed, since the cost of fixing it was going to be higher than it's worth to begin with. Hello??? How about their warranty of 2 years??? So they asked me about my warranty certificate. Normally you get an invoice, but hey, not for this item, since the cost was less than € 100! So I was only given a register ticket, which we no longer had.

At home, I checked online banking and I instantly found the exact date we bought the adapter. That's when I went back to the store, with a print of my payment. Guess what? Exactly.. they couldn't accept this bank statement! DUH! Oh come on! How about some goodwill??? really!

I was getting more and more frustrated so I wrote them an e-mail, explaining what had happened. This lovely lady from customer service called me on the phone, to explain how they work. I can agree to the point that it was my mistake to not have kept the receipt for the adapter. We have been customers in that store for many many years. They have no interest whatsoever to keep a customer, over a lousy € 24.99. I just can't believe they are so narrow minded and unwilling to offer a solution, we can both agree with.

My daughter will get herself a new adapter. Not from Vanden Borre, trust me. They just lost 4 good customers.. My husband, me and both girls have bought several items in that store. Well, it's their loss, not ours. Switch in Sint-Niklaas will help us from now on. And I'm sure their customer service will be more helpful, as they have proved so far!

No comments: