Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Beans on toast

That's so not what we are going to have today. It's Tuesday, meaning: cooking class. Weeks fly by and we're nearly done with the first series. But that's not where it ends. I signed up for the second series as well, what did you think? I'm having a ball in cooking school. It's just what I love to do.

It's always a surprise what we're going to prepare. The first part is theory on diabetes. There are always things to learn and it's good to freshen up our knowledge. If it were my choice, I would skip the theory and cook all afternoon. It's so exciting to cook in a group and get to know the other students a bit better. We all have diabetes - or have a partner with diabetes. It's interesting to hear the story of the person beside you at your cooker. We exchange experience on both diabetes and cooking. Most people in cookery class fear cooking/baking with sugar and I'm just the opposite: I despise baking with sweeteners. To me, baked goods require sugar. Period. They need it to get the crunchy bite, the texture, the sweetness, the ... Stop! I'm not even going there. I'm not going to defend my choice. After all, it's my choice and it may not be yours, but it's how I prefer to cook.

No comments: