Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One more try

Scrapbooking has always been something I liked to do. For many years, I have made scrapbooks for the girls, so they would have plenty of memories of their childhood. Since I only have one photo album of my childhood, there aren't that many memories to look back to. I wanted that to be different for my girls.

In those days, we didn't have a digital camera yet. So all pictures were to be printed by the photographer. I would immediately buy a scrapbook and start gathering the pictures and memorabilia to brighten up the book. Colorful pens, glue, small stickers and a pair of scissors did the trick. I would lay out the pictures on the table, to start getting ideas on how to make that one particular scrapbook. Sometimes the inspiration wouldn't come, so I would put everything on hold and do something else. It could take me a couple of days to get illuminate ideas, but mostly I could start right away.

The girls have grown older and the digital camera has entered our life a couple of years ago. Pictures don't get printed that often any more. But every now and then, I make another scrapbook. Actually I'm working on one right now. I should have started it 4 months ago, but I lacked the inspiration. I had just finished another one on the same subject and I didn't want to make a copy of the first book. Months flew by and I felt I was ready to start the other scrapbook.

So be patient my dear friend, I haven't forgotten about you. I hope it will be worth the wait.

No comments: